I learned to Scuba dive in
college. I learned in the springs of north Florida and did a lot of diving in
California while going to school. I did some diving in the Puget Sound after moving
to Seattle in the late 70's - I can't say I really like diving in 45º water! Since
then, I have done most of my diving by traveling to various (warm) places in the
world. To date, the list of places I have dove is:
- Florida Keys - My first
introduction to the ocean.
- Crater Lake, Oregon - Honest! I
was one of the first persons to have dove here according the Park Ranger that thought we
were nuts! The water was 36° and crystal clear.
- Cozumel, Mexico - Great drift
diving, best visibility I can recall.
- Roatan, Honduras - I dove there
while it was still a remote location.
- Belize - Best Caribbean diving I've every done was with the Belize Aggressor on the barrier reef of Belize.
I also did Ambergris Cay which I would not recommend.
- Bonaire - Like diving in an aquarium, great small stuff.
- Grand Cayman, BWI - The place that it all started. Has it's moments
- especially Stingray City (honest!!!) Dove Aggressor Fleet.
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia - I dove with Mike Ball on the
Spoilsport. Like doing a safari in Africa (I guess - actually never done one!).
- Palau - Once I visited Palau, the Caribbean was never going to be the
same. Dove Aggressor Fleet.
- Papua New Guinea - Twice as good or better than any other place I've
been. I dove with Peter Hughes. Go